Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ranbir Talks About Saawariya

“Saawariya “ brought in two new faces, Ranbir Kappor and Sonam Kapoor,both these newcomers were kids of superstars. This fact added more glamour to the movie. There was lot of publicity and hype generated for this movie.

Both the actors performed beautifully but unfortunately the movie did not turn out well at the box office.

Actor Ranbir who has stolen millions of hearts talks about his experience about the movie stating “I had seen Devdas and was a fan of Sanjay Leela Bhansali, so when I returned from acting school in America, I asked him to let me assist him. His first reaction was, “you have actor written all over you. Why do you want to direct?” I insisted that I wanted to learn something before I entered films and that’s how I got close to him.

We share a good rapport and he tells me many things and shares his thoughts and ideas with me. I knew he was working on some scripts, three actually and one day he invited me to read a script on his laptop. He left me alone but kept popping into the room to see if I had finished. It was such a sensitive great script that I got up leapt at him and hugged him. I couldn’t believe that he was offering a debutant actor such a lovely character to play.”

Well, working with Sanjay Leela Bansali indeed must have been a great experience.
We wish both Sonam and Ranbir many more wonderful experiences and hits in the future.

No comments: